The weather is finally cooling down, and soon the leaves will be falling! With this lovely change in temperature comes a reminder to prepare your home for the coming cold. Properly inspecting and cleaning your home's exterior can avoid cracking gutters, breaking heat systems, and other preventable hardships. Here are a few items to check as we enter Autumn:
1) Inspect and clean out all gutters and downspouts
2) Seal gaps and cracks in weather-stripping and caulk around windows and doors. If needed, replace them!
3) Inspect your roof for any cracked, missing, or curling shingles, corroded flashing, or leaky vents. Repair or replace these items as needed.
4) Do you have any outdoor faucets or irrigation systems? If so, drain and cover them to avoid cracking.
5) While the air conditioning system needs a tune up in early spring, your heat system needs a check up in early Fall so that it's ready when winter comes.
Keeping your home in good health avoids many needless claims that could have been prevented, and over time will save you money by utilizing planned maintenance instead of hastily doing emergency repairs.
If you have any questions about your home insurance, would like to know more about what it covers, or are interested in saving money by bundling your home and auto insurance together, please visit our website at ReduceMyInsurance.Net or give us a call at 615-900-0288.